We received a phone call this afternoon that my surgery has been postponed from October 8th to as late as October 15th. Perhaps postponed is a poor choice words. I’ll still be leaving October 5th and check-in on the 6th for what’s sure to be the first of many pokes, prodes, sticks
Apparently my surgery team would like to bring in additional doctors to asses my case. I’m not exactly sure why. My suspicion is my gremlin and I are rather atypical. Not that me being atypical has anything to do with my gremlin.
Have I mentioned I’ve nicknamed my tumor as my gremlin?
Revised Schedule of Events
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
- Fly Drive into Minnesota and check-in to a hotel near the Mayo.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
- 11:00 a.m. - Blood work.
- 12:45 p.m. - EKG Testing.
- 2:15 p.m. - MRI Testing.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
- 1:20 p.m. - Meet with the Lead Surgeon, let's call her the maestro.
- 3:00 p.m. - Meet with the Vascular Surgeon, let's call him the guest pianist.
Friday, October 8, 2010 to Friday, October 15, 2010
- Continue assessing my gremlin. Surgery could be any one of these days.
The next 1-2 weeks will be in ICU recovering. From there, if all goes well, I'll be able to return home for out-patient recovery in the comfort of my own house. I sure wish I had a comfortable chair...
We had some additional tests being analyzed at the University of Pittsburgh, and they have concluded that the tumor is not cancerous. Since the tests they performed were based off the biopsy performed here in Tulsa, there is a slight chance something may have been missed. I won't be completely satisfied that the tumor is cancer-free until another complete round of tests are performed at the Mayo next week.
Thanks for listening.